At home again juggling work and children? or just home schooling? Let’s call it lockdown learning. This is where parents supervise their children’s learning and assist their children as parents, not teachers.
Here are some ideas for you.
- Set up a workspace for each child, even if it is a desk, technology and light that get folded and put away at the end of the school day.
- Have an area to have lunch that is not at the workspace.
- Place a written structure for the day where each child can see it. Include the start and end of the day, lunch times and recess times.
- Manage your work and house chores around the structure of the school day.
- Let children know when you are working and when you are available.
- Include time for something fun each day and plan what you will do, in advance.
- Make physical excersise and activity a daily experience.
- Have daily time outside.
Please let me know what you think of these tips and if you have any tips of your own!