Times are tough right now and it is important that we consider reaching out for help. So What does one look for in themselves and others when something is not quite right mental health wise. Here are some pointers.
- More irritable or moody than usual.
- Feeling hopeless and helpless.
- Sleeping more or less than usual.
- Eating more or less than usual.
- Not motivated to work.
- Not seeking social contact (including online).
- Not doing housework.
- Excess use of alcohol.
- Use of drugs.
Some 24/7 numbers you can call for support are:
- Lifeline, 13 11 14, https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- NSW Mental Health Line, 1800 011 511, https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/mentalhealth/Pages/mental-health-line.aspx
- Kids Helpline, 1800 551 800, https://kidshelpline.com.au/
- Direct Line, 1800 888 236, https://www.directline.org.au/
- MensLine Australia, 1300 789 978, https://mensline.org.au/
- Suicide call back service, 1300 659 467, https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/
- Beyond Blue, 1300 224 636, https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- Your local hospital (emergency department).
You can also make an appointment with me at https://www.spacetorelatepsychology.com.au/book/. Video and phone consultations available.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me on [email protected]
We are all in this together!